Objection handling is a crucial skill to master if you are a sales person, brick and mortar or internet entrepreneur if you want to be successful in business. When you consider that most sales happen after a prospect says no to your initial first 2-3 attempts to close, not becoming a master of objection handling means you are losing 80%+ of the sales you could make.
Sales specifically is probably one of the few careers that people feel they can just launch in to without prior training or experience. It’s as if they wake up one morning and say to themselves…”I think I’ll try sales today.”
Ever heard of the 80/20 rule? In this case, 20% of sales people get 80% of the results. Why? Because they are the pros; they are the ones who treat sales as a career and understand that sales requires a set of skills that need to be learned and perfected; they are the ones who have invested time, energy, sweat, tears, and money in acquiring the skills that make them experts at objection handling.
Join the 80% and become an expert at objection handling
If you are serious about being successful in business, mastering objection handling means that you will have to invest in yourself. Buy books and courses by Tom Hopkins; study the art of rapport building and persuasion; become obsessed with self improvement and developing a magnetic personality. After all, people buy from people they like and trust.
For now, here is a list of 10 rebuttals for objection handling that you can start using tomorrow taken from The Ultimate Guide To Sales Comebacks And Rebuttals 2012
- “Let me ask you this, Jim — Now that you know everything there is to know about this, WHAT’S THE ABSOLUTE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN if you went ahead with it today?”
- “I know you like the idea, but WHAT IS THE REAL REASON you won’t try this right now? … The monthly investment you make is less than what you might spend on a couple rounds of cocktails on a Saturday night! — plus we have a money back guarantee … “
- “OK, but hold on a second, Sarah — what I’d like to ask is this: If there is anything about our company, service, or price that you don’t like, I’D LIKE YOU TO TELL ME, because the last thing I want to be doing is annoying you about something you aren’t interested in. WOULD YOU DO THAT? Fine. So by the time we’ve had a 2 minute discussion, we’ll either be doing business or we won’t. Fair enough?”
- “I know you’re busy, and so am I — but just take two minutes to get the info and then YOU BE THE JUDGE … I mean if you saw a hundred dollar bill sitting on the sidewalk, you’d take a second to stop and pick it up, wouldn’t you? … I know that’s a cheesy example, but I just want to introduce myself and LET YOU KNOW THAT WE’VE HAD A LOT OF SUCCESS in helping business owners just like yourself … Hear me out for a second, OK?”
- “Look, I’m not asking you to give me one penny from your budget, I’m asking you to invest in your business — and finish what you started. You’re the kind of person that likes to finish what you start, right? … You’ve already invested time and money building a business with a great product, but you won’t make the money you deserve unless you add a catalyst. What I’m showing you today could be EXACTLY THE CATALYST you need … Listen to this story
- “EVERYONE HAS BEEN REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS MORTGAGE PRODUCT, and I can tell you that it’s really not about cost … IT’S ABOUT INVESTMENT. For instance, you buy six thousand dollars worth of stock so you can sell it for ten thousand a couple months later, right? … That initial $5k is not a “cost,” IT’S AN INVESTMENT — the smart investor knows this. Jim, I want to PROVE to you that what we do is a LOW RISK way you can leverage a MINIMAL CASH EXPENDITURE to earn a maximum return on your money. You want to increase your income, don’t you? … I know! Who doesn’t! … Right?”
- “I can appreciate that. All of our current clients know that PRICE IS REALLY THE BEST PART about partnering with us. We can do small installment payments so your actual investment per month will probably be much lower than what you spend on your cell phone bill! If price was not an issue, WOULD THERE BE ANYTHING ELSE HOLDING YOU BACK from giving this a shot today?”
- “I appreciate your need to wait and talk it over, and HERE IS WHAT I CAN DO. I can hold this discount for you if you put a good-faith deposit down and let me know your decision within 24 HOURS. I am sure your partner / boss / wife is not going to want to miss out on this — and I’m sure that if he were in your shoes — YOU WOULDN’T WANT HIM TO PASS UP THIS OPPORTUNITY EITHER … Throw down a 10% deposit and we’ll reserve this special pricing for you, OK?”
- “I can definitely understand that, Mr. Prospect. You’re right. This is a business decision and you need to make sure that it’s cost-justified … Look, — I have a lot of experience HELPING BUSINESSES JUST LIKE YOURS to analyze “COSTS VS. PAYBACKS” — I talk to people in your position ALL DAY LONG, EVERY DAY and I hear the same intelligent concerns that you are voicing right now about RETURN ON INVESTMENT … I would be happy to HELP YOU WITH YOUR ANALYSIS … OK? … Look, if I can show you without a doubt how our clients regularly make a 347% ROI from this, then WILL YOU MAKE A COMMITMENT to seriously consider what I am proposing here?”
- “I know that maybe that’s not 100% resolved in your mind yet, but FOR NOW — just assume that it is … Let’s take it off the table. Just assume that we’ve solved it. With that out of the way, Let’s just try this … Let’s just try it right now, OK?”
These are just 10 of 250 rebuttals you will learn for objection handling in the The Ultimate Guide To Sales Comebacks And Rebuttals 2012. And that is just the tip of the iceberg of what is available in this guide…!